Don’t miss our first Dancing for the Stars competition from 9:30 – 10:00pm. Thanks to Blue Moon Ballroom, Dahl Dance Center and Fred Astaire Dance Studios for donating instruction time to prepare our “celebrities” for this occasion.
The dancing pairs:
Blue Moon Ballroom – Instructor Heather Engh & Brent Ackerman (from Cumulus Radio Y 105)
Dahl Dance Center – Instructor April Dahl & James Wilcox (from KAAL ABC News 6)
Fred Astaire Dance Studios – Instructor Andrea Mirenda & Dennis Hanson (from the City Council)
Thanks to these Dancing for the Stars volunteers:
- Jeremy Salucka, OMC Marketing & Web Services Coordinator
- Leigh Johnson, Custom Communications
- Steve Lange, Rochester Magazine
- Heidi Mestad, Rochester Downtown Alliance
Scorekeeper: Meredith Tuntland
How it Works
Each vote costs $1. The winner will be the pair that receives the most votes.
There are three ways to vote:
1) Include your vote (donation) with your on-line registration. Multiple votes are encouraged.
2) Mail a check. Checks are payable to Rochester Area Family Y. Write Dancing for the Stars on the memo line. Mail to:
Finance Department, Rochester Area Family Y,
709 1st Avenue SW, Rochester, MN 55902.
3) Vote with cash or check at the Dancing for the Stars Voting Booth on first floor at the Big Party Downtown.
Winners will be calculated by adding the following:
- Cash and check votes received on line by noon on September 9
- Judges’ scores on September 9
- Dollar votes received at the Dancing for the Stars Voting Booth on September 9